Android Data Recovery
Along with remote work and studying increasing popularity, there's never a better time to find the software that enhances online performance: communication software, tracking tools, cloud storage solutions, and other feature-rich tools that assist in a better performance of daily tasks and can boost your productivity as well. One of these software must-haves to consider is screencasting software.
Also known as screen recording tools, this type of software features a digital video recording of your screen, mostly including the audio narration. Unlike simple screenshots, they allow making a video screen capture and can significantly reduce the time needed for recalling specific information, sharing, and editing it.
In this article, we'll discover what essential features to look for in screencasting video editing software, as well as find out the best tools needed to work with the screen recording of webinars.
Top-Rated Screen Recording Software for Video Editing
First, let's start with a detailed review of the most popular video software for screencasting to uncover the basic features of each. After this review, you'll be able to compare the parameters of screen capturing software and prioritize the essential options you need in this type of software.
The simple-to-use and pretty straightforward interface of Camtasia makes it a perfect starting point if you need flawless screen recording and video editing software. The process of screen recording is quite easy: just pick up the capture area, whether or not to include the camera and microphone inputs, and then click the “Record” button.
The ergonomic drag-n-drop interface and the vast selection of stock media help to eliminate the time needed to complete video editing. Customization features and frequently used tools allow mastering the screen recording and editing in a pretty short time. The other features we like about this software are:
- ● availability for macOS and Windows
- ● outstanding tutorials
- ● loops audio while you add text
- ● plenty of interactive features
- ● exporting videos to formats MP4, AVI, WMV, M4A, and GIF
Pricing: Pay $249 for a lifetime business license for up to 2 devices.
Movavi Video Suite
Movavi Video Suite is a great all-in-one solution that covers all multimedia-related tasks. The software includes several standalone applications and a variety of extra features. Being available for both Windows and Mac and having easy toolbar navigation, the tool has all the needed functionality to cover all aspects of the webinar creation process:
- ● advanced recording software for Mac and Windows
- ● multimedia conversion
- ● slideshow creation
- ● professional video editing possibilities similar to features of the best video editors, such as Shotcut, Lightworks, FXhome
Pricing: A lifetime license for one computer will cost $59.95, but you can also try a free version available to understand whether this editing software meets all your needs and requirements.
Bandicam is a nice choice for those looking for screen capture software products with game casting features. The key advantage of this software is the availability of creating high-resolution videos that ideally fit any game streaming platform.
Though it is missing the built-in editor, Bandicam screen recording features top-notch hardware with a feature-rich interface that gives freedom to customize your screen recording.
Additionally, you may also like:
- ● the ability to create 4k resolution videos
- ● easy-to-use interface with plenty of customized features and options
- ● recording customization toolbar
Pricing: You'll need to pay $39 for a one-computer lifetime license.
Screencast-O-Matic is one of the most simple yet functional web-based screen recording tools for Windows, macOS, and Chromebook, that enables recording high-quality screencast videos for lectures, meetings, tutorials, demos, and others.
It also offers a trial version to the new users for 15 minutes of recording a video with the Screencast-O-Matic watermark added. Unlike the free option, the full version of the screen recorder provides unlimited access to all the toolbar settings and exciting effects, like zooming, auto-captioning, tool sharing, etc. The other characteristics users enjoy are:
- ● Uploading to a hosting service (YouTube or Screencast-O-Matic)
- ● Available video formats include AVI, FLV, MP4, and more
- ● The features of speed change, zoom in/out, blur, green-screen effects, auto closed caption, etc.
- ● Designed for Windows, macOS, and Linux platform users
Pricing: There are several subscription plans for this software, which cover standard 12-month ($1.65 per month) and 36-month ($1.00 per month), and also a specific Premier 12-month subscription ($4.00 per month). The Premier plan includes a secure backup for recordings, branded ad-free site, and advanced sharing for your comfortable screen recording and video editing.
If you want a dedicated screen recorder for Mac, then ScreenFlow is exactly what you need. ScreenFlow features a user-friendly interface with a built-in editing toolbar that enables your comfortable yet productive video recording and sharing. As a result, you'll get a high-quality video recording with the ability to add animations and specific visual or sound effects to your video. Most users choose this screen recording video software because of its:
- ● ability to record iOS devices
- ● offer of a huge Stock Media Library powered by Telestream
- ● feature of creating animated GIFs from videos
- ● option to export videos directly to Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook
- ● 24/7 support via email, help desk, and chat and a huge knowledge base with covering the software's essential information and FAQs
Pricing: the subscription for ScreenFlow starts at $129 per year.
What Makes Screen Recording Software Great?
If you're looking for the right screen capture software to enhance the performance of your everyday tasks, it's essential to understand what features this tool should cover to meet all your needs. No matter whether we're talking about working, gaming, streaming, or studying, the screen recording and video software should include:
- ● the ability to make the screen recordings for iOS, macOS, Windows, Linux, or Chromebook platforms (according to what device you're going to use)
- ● the option of screencasting scheduling, including the screen recording of real-time communication apps like Zoom, Teams, and more
- ● feature-rich toolbar with customization options
- ● user-friendly, intuitive interface
- ● microphone, camera, and system audio simultaneous recording
- ● built-in video sharing for different platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc
- ● feature of a full screen, a window, or a specific area recording
- ● wide range of export formats, including the common MP4, MKV, WMV, AVI, and WebM, and others
- ● the ability to add the photos, videos, animations, zoom in/out, annotations, cursor effects, and more to the existing screen recording video
With considering the essential features you'll need for your further workflow, you'll be able to pick up the best software that fully meets all your needs and requirements.
Now that you know what makes a screencasting video editor great, as well as the top 5 best screen recording tools to choose for setting up the productive yet successful workflow.
But still, whatever of these you're going to try, keep in mind that you don't need to overpay for the features you won't really use in this software. Instead, focus on selecting the exact option that will assist you in brilliant video content creating and editing to succeed.